- To develop a golf camp program that provides free accommodations, meals, golf equipment (with assistive devices if needed), golf lessons and games, and family activities for 15 warriors and their families. Our first camp session will be held at Camp Dream at The Roosevelt Warm Springs Rehabilitation Institute (RWSRI).
- To raise money through grants, tournaments, sponsorships, private donations and other fundraising opportunities to provide the warriors with all of the equipment needed to play golf.
- Raise money to help RWSRI acquire the adaptive equipment and develop a curriculum to teach golf to individuals who need assistive devices.
- To provide RWSRI Brain Injury program with useful data to determine the effectiveness of golf as a therapeutic tool in helping wounded warriors.
- To host 3 – 4 camps per year by the year 2014.
- To offer grants that will assist both private and public golf courses in purchasing and maintaining adaptive equipment for people with disabilities. We wish to remove as many barriers as possible at as many golf facilities as we can so not only wounded warriors, but all Americans in need of assistive equipment can play and enjoy this great game.
Warrior Golf Camps of America is seeking 501c3 status for non-profit organizations.